Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer trip

On my birthday we left for Utah for a few days to spend time with family and attend education week at BYU. Since it was my birthday, Craig said we could stay somewhere fun on Thursday night so we didn't have to make the drive in one trip. I'll do the 12 hours all at once if I have to, but its not my favorite.
Anyhoo we stayed at the Seven Wives Inn B&B in St. George (Donna and Perry, you have good taste:). I LOVE cute little Inns and especially B&B's, so I was so excited! The Inn was beautiful and the breakfast was fantastic! I highly recommend it. (notice I tried out my new triple-barrel curling iron for the pic. if you want the look of a perm without the smelly expense, its the way to go. Craig said it looked a little 80's though.) moving along...

I dropped Craig off in Brian Head to do some Mtn Biking while I headed up to Salt Lake for my cousin's wedding. How do the men always get out of that stuff?
Anyway, I got a photo op with my Mom and Grandma at the wedding. I like seeing the 3 generations together. I really hope I have the chance to get a photo with 4 generations. My Grandma is 94 and Im working as fast as I can!




Craig met me in Salt Lake on Sunday night, and on Monday we went to Lagoon with my Mom, my three nephews- Danny, Jared and Josh, and my brother, Peter. It was tons-o-fun! I only put my foot down once and refused to go on a ride with Craig. He whined the whole night, but I wasn't about to budge. It was like a combo of a a smaller roller coaster and the tilt-a-whirl. Sound like fun? I didn't think so either.



I dropped the ball on getting photos during ed week, but we had a great time- as was expected. For any of you who have thought about going but haven't, I highly recommend it. If you can stash your kids somewhere for a week, go and check it out.

I have to add one more little thing- My mom and I went with Craig's sister, Kelly, to see Julie and Julia and can I just say what a delightful little movie that was! Really, ladies, go see it. You'll love it. And if you go, call me. I want to see it again.

4 comments:

  1. I'm throwing myself a pity party since I didn't get to go to Education Week :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, I love the 3-barrel curling iron 'do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure your 3 generation picture is. I will have to try the Seven Wives Inn, it looks charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutley adorable is your Grandma !! I loved the picture too !! Glad you had fun together and it looks like a wonderful birthday present !! Loved the do !! And I plan on seeing this movie so Hill and I will call to see if you are still up for it !!

    ReplyDelete