Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Remodeling the remodel

Well, this has definitely been a learning experience for me- this whole renovations project. I have learned how to comfortably and assertively navigate my way around Home Depot and Lowes, I have learned how to prime and paint: baseboards, cabinets, doors, trim, etc, I will soon learn how to paint appliances (post to come), and I have mastered the shop vac like its nobody's business. But by far, the most important and valuable lesson is TOOOOO: .... make sure you reeeeeeally like the paint color before you spend 50 bucks on paint and then let your husband paint an entire room and then decide that you really didn't like it afterall but was kinda too afraid to say anything. (Kelly- way worse than killing the stupid grass.)

this was the...um, after- before


And this is the after-after.

If you can't tell, the ceiling is a dark purple too. I really liked the green, just not for my kitchen. After all. ...I guess. And the counter tops are finally done! Its hard to tell from this shot, but we love them! (just don't ask about the grout lines. kind of a sore spot)

So if you're sitting there saying "ooh, I liked the green better!" WELL I DONT WANNA HEAR IT!


Look, the new floors! They're still dirty, though.



TA DAAAAA! Our giant 10 inch deep- sink and equally as huge- 17 inch faucet. We're calling it our 3rd bath and shower. Testing it our this weekend;)

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. I liked the green though, if I couldn't find a kleenex I could just wipe my snotty hand on the wall and nobody would notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh it's looking good Nicole - I am very impressed with how far you guys have come! :) We just ordered our floors on Monday, so hopefully soon we'll get them installed. Trying to decide if we want to tempt fate and try it this weekend, or wait until the little one arrives and do it after.

    ReplyDelete