Monday, November 9, 2009

Stil Pregn


I'm nine weeks today and as of the ultrasound last Monday, we still have three in there. Heh, so much for doctors' predictions. Amazingly enough, I have still managed to avoid "morning" sickness. I feel like I still have to say "but it could hit at any time" because I'm worried that as soon as I cop an attitude or say "Hah! Nausea Shmasea!" -I'll immediately start vomiting. So FOR NOW, Im incredibly grateful. However, I haven't been so lucky to avoid headaches or migraines. And ooooooh, they can be nasty, especially because the only thing I can take is Tylenol. BAH! I'd do just as well with a couple tic tacs. Anyway, its slightly unnerving to think that I could have 6+ more months of migraines ahead of me with no defense in sight. I had one Friday and Saturday and the only thing that made any difference, although barely noticeble, was to take a scarf and tie my heating pad around my head. I alternated the same technique using ice packs as well. All I could say to Craig was "please don't look at me." It was pitiful. And also worthless.

My only other symptoms have been a loss of appetite, and some sinus irritability. And no,
Im not showing yet. I swear when I get up in the morning I have a major bulge, but it goes away as the day goes on. Oh, and I can't sleep for crap. Weird how you can be so tired, but not able to sleep. I'm just one tossing and turning fool every night. Nothing is comfortable. No cravings yet and no sensitivities to smells either. I do have issues brushing my teeth in the morning. For some reason its the only time my gag reflex wants to participate in the fun. It takes a lot of deep breaths to get through a teeth-brushing session. Weird.

Anyway, that's about it for now. I did have to ask my doc if I should be worried that Im not having more intense symptoms, especially with triplets. She said "no way, just be grateful." If I had one, the due date would be June 14th, but with 3 I expect them sometime early to mid May, if all goes well. Here's hoping for a long and healthy pregnancy!

10 comments:

  1. Great news Nicole!!! Your symptoms sound exactly like mine - and if they continue that way - the headaches will go away!! I got them just during the first trimester, and then never again, so hopefully there will be an end in site for you! I'll keep you FIVE in our thoughts and prayers and can't wait to follow your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're not getting the morning sickness. I had a huge loss of appetite too and the only thing that Cali would allow me to eat for about the first 3 months was peaches. We're hoping for May babies because that's a great month for babies (Jack and Cali). Thanks for the updates

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had morning sickness from day one to day 6000 !!! It felt like that !! So I am really glad you don't have morning sickness !! Has anyone put your name on the prayer roll?? A fathers blessing would be great help to you, Craig can bless you and the babies !!! If I can help just call !! You are all in my prayers !! Love Ya R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nicole I got headaches too, I found that drinking some caffine did help. More than the tic tacs (tylenol) for sure!!! Or if you can find excedrine with caffine. My doctor ok'd that. Good LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAy! So glad it is going so well for you! Please keep blogging and keep us posted! We're praying for your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you may not be having nausea but you sure are having symptoms...like the migraines, and the gagging while brushing your teeth, and loss of appetite. Have you tried putting peppermint oil on your head for the migraines? That really works for me, but then I'm not pregnant. Most migraines don't last for the whole pregnancy, just the first few months.
    Thanks for the post! I was really wondering how you were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure wish I'd ever had loss of appetite! I can relate to the teeth brushing gagging thing though. It often made me puke. I've been keeping my eyes open for a post so as not to have to keep asking you how things are going! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the update...I am so grateful that you have been as healthy as you have. Sorry about the headaches...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, with Taylor I always had to weigh weather it was worth brushing my teeth: "How fuzzy are they THIS morning?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori (Schuster) HaighNovember 11, 2009 at 9:56 AM

    I went through the same teeth brushing thing! Also never had any sickness. But HEADACHES...grrr! Heartburn later.As far as other symptoms...it will evolve. :o) You are so tiny, but you will show eventually! However, my husband noticed my showing before me. And my friend's husband has done the same thing (she is 20 wks). So - ask your guy (and go shopping!!!). Wow! Triplets! :o) I am so excited for you! ~Lori~

    ReplyDelete