Saturday, October 24, 2009

Im pregn....


If you haven't heard by now, Craig and I are expecting! After 3 years, 10 procedures and...well, a few dollars, we are still slightly in shock. I still can't believe the nurse actually said "I have good news for you!" Good news? For me?? You mean it WORKED?? I still have a hard time saying the words "Im preg-" nope, still feels weird. It always seemed like something that happened to everyone else. I wasn't part of the club.

At almost 7 weeks now, its still hard to believe. At this point I feel pretty darn good. I have no nausea, no sore...parts, and other than some weird, dull cramping and feelings like things are definitely stretching in there, I feel normal. Ok, I guess I do get tired more easily lately. Im not under any delusions that these horrid symptoms won't still come in the next week or two, but my Mom never had morning sickness so at least there's a chance it'll skip me.

So..... we had our first ultrasound on Thursday and we were delighted to see a tiny heartbeat fluttering away. With so much that can go wrong, it was such a relief to see something in there! Craig said the baby looked like a little cashew. Ok there were actually two. Fine, three but that's it, I promise. Yes, three little sacs with three little heartbeats. At this point, one is smaller and a few days behind the other two in development, so our doctor thinks it is likely we'll end up with twins. We have another ultrasound in 2 weeks and we should know by then if there are still three or just two. We have to at least prepare for the possibility of triplets. (holy crap)

Since things are a bit up in the air, we debated whether or not to tell everyone the results of the ultrasound right away. We thought about waiting until the next appt when we'll have a better idea. But, since I can never keep my mouth shut, and everyone already knew we were having the U/S, I couldn't look people in the face and say there was only one or even two. I figure if things change, then they change, but I don't see a reason, at least for me, to keep it all to ourselves. I feel better sharing our news and its comforting to know we're not going through this alone. Whatever happens, we know that we are all in God's hands and what is supposed to be for our little family will be.

We are so extremely grateful for the love and support we have received from our friends and family- often it is hard to distinguish between the two. We know that we have been so very blessed with this miracle and we can't wait to welcome a new life- lives- into our family.

I promised my family that I would use my blog to keep everyone updated on the progress of this pregnancy (did I just say pregnancy??) and it sure has the potential to get pretty crazy. So bring it on, I say! We're so ready.

18 comments:

  1. WHAAAA WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited..two or three!?!?!?!? I have been dying to hear the results. This is wonderful news. I'm so glad the ultra sound went so well. Nothing like seeing/hearing that (those) little heartbeat(s). As always, you are in my prayers and now I will have to triple them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Nicole Saunders made me cry, can't believe that. Well, welcome to the club. I am very happy for you and I promise that if one of those little cashews is a girl, she will have a very cute little lavender dress and matching sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!!!! I am so HAPPY for you guys!! We will keep praying for you and your little cashews :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo!!! So excited for you two. Our third little "cashew" was always littler than the other two, but now, at age 34 months, he is the life of the party!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!!!!!!! Oh Nicole, reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so incredibly happy for your and Craig, and can't wait to follow the progress of your pregnancy from here in MN. Big hugs coming your way, and since our little ones will be so close in age, we have even more of a reason to keep in touch (two weeks difference!) I love you Nic, and am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nicole and Craig....we are soooo happy for you! Congratulations and we will keep praying for all to go well with ALL of you. Your life is never going to be the same! You made me cry too...what wonderful news...take care and yes, please keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Nicole, great news!!! I look forward to hearing more about your blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 heartbeats! That's so fun. I look forward to your posts about your pregnancy.... YES you are pregnant. It didn't really kick in for me until we know that Cali was a girl so maybe it will really kick in for you then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I join the crying club too?! That's such awesome news!! I told you there might be a party going on in there...he,he! Glad to hear there is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, three little cashews!! I am so happy for the both of you! I am looking forward to all the updates of your pregnancy. Thanks for sharing with all of us. We will be keeping you both and the three little cashews in our prayers. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicole... I am so happy for you. I have been praying for you guys and I can't believe that you are going to have triplets!!! That is great. I know that you will be a GREAT mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot wait to meet the "Three Cashews" !!! I do not believe there is anyone more deserving of this great blessing !!! The "Three Cashews" are also very lucky to be coming to your family, you are all so awesome !!! You are going to ROCK Motherhood !!! Love Ya R

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness...I really have to ge busy crocheting...congratulations...you are ALL still in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited for you guys. Triplets would be freaking awesome, maybe you will only have to be pregnant once. Sweet! We will pray for you guys and those tiny babies. Thanks for sharing your news. I love to hear about all of it.

    Joyce and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting! Good to hear that you are feeling well. I get morning sickness at about 5 weeks, that is usually how I find out that I am pregnant. So hopefully it will skip you and you can enjoy the pregnancy. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations again! After we talked today I thought back to what my pregnancy was like. Hannah was always behind Tanner. They gave me a different due date for each baby. By the end of my pregnancy Hannah was still a little over a week behind. So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicole and Craig, much love and excitement, you two will be such awesome parents!
    Marnee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful, wonderful news Nicole! I am excited to follow your blog on your journey! Sending lots of prayers your way! XOXO Jennifer Roettger

    ReplyDelete